Move to Canada as a Nurse: Earn Up to $128,700 Yearly!

The country has a vast scope for nursing for both nursing students and aspiring nursing professionals. ... Also, the ever increasing demand for healthcare professionals, makes nursing a highly valued career option in the list of leading career options in Canada.

Canada will need over 60,000 nurses by 2022. Not only are they currently in demand but they will be for the next 10 years, according to industry-focused organizations such as the World Economic Forum. It is estimated that in the next 10 years the total number of required nurses will more than double, to a staggering 142,000. According to a report from the Conference Board of Canada.

Canada needs nurses countrywide and at all levels. You could find work in Canada as a coordinator or supervisor, registered nurse, allied primary health practitioners, dental nurse, licensed practical nurse, or nurse aide, and earn anywhere from $41,438 as an experienced nurse’s aide to $128,700 as an experienced registered nurse.

With Canadian employees retiring earlier, and young professionals migrating to urban city centers in search of new job prospects or simply because they have been promoted, has left a huge gap in the labour market. In order to tackle this problem, the government has implemented a wide range of over 70 immigration and visa options in order to help resolve the issue.

Immigrate to Canada as Nurse: How Do I Get There?

There are many ways to move to Canada as a nurse as it is a job that is in high demand. We’ve listed the top 3 ways for you to immigrate to Canada, by securing a position in the nursing sector, below:

  • 1.Express Entry system;
  • 2.Provincial Nominee Program;
  • 3.Atlantic Immigration Pilot.

The next step is to choose your immigration program.

1. Express Entry

The Express Entry system manages the 3 Canadian federal economic immigration programs and is geared toward skilled workers who want to move to Canada. In order to be eligible for this program your occupation will need to be classified as skill level 0, A, or B, which means that all nurses except for nurses’ aides, orderlies, and patient service associates are eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada through the Federal Skilled Worker Program, managed by the Express Entry system.

The Express Entry system works on a point-based system, known as the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System), which will rank your profile according to factors such as your age, skills, and education, as well as your work experience, language levels, and adaptability.

Once you have created an online Express Entry profile, you will be entered in a draw pool, which takes place every 2 weeks, from which the highest scoring candidates will be selected to receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) for permanent residence in Canada.

2. Provincial Nominee Program

The Provincial Nominee Program allows you to move to Canada if you are a skilled or semi-skilled worker and have a valid job offer that is in demand in a particular province or territory. Each province/territory has its own PNP with in-demand occupation lists designed to meet the individual needs of its labour market and requires that you send an Expression of Interest to relocate to the relevant region.

If you are successful in your application you will receive a provincial nomination, which is worth 600 extra points and can be added to your CRS points and will virtually guarantee that you receive an ITA for Canadian permanent residence.

3. Atlantic Immigration Pilot

The Atlantic Immigration Pilot is a community-driven program aimed at helping Canada’s Atlantic Provinces and territories develop economically. Skilled workers can move to Canada if they have a valid job offer in one of the participating communities, which are in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland & Labrador.

Because this is an employer-specific pilot, you will have to show that you intend to live in the community as well as have a qualifying job offer and get a recommendation from your designated community organization. You will also need to meet other requirements such as have at least 1 year of full-time, non-seasonal work experience, meet the minimum language and educational requirements, and have enough settlement money.

Free 24/7 Support

Get Free & Quality Online Consultation

Call Us or Write to Us

Email ID : immigration.helpdesk@blsinternational.net

Phone No : +91 8588850949

Request Free Consultation